Revision as of 18:12, 14 April 2010 by EvanEttinger
- MEMs mercurial - about the mercurial repos for the MEMs microphone project.
The goal of the project is to develop a card for capturing and processing the signals from 8 MEM microphones :
- The microphones we are using are the TC100E DigiSiMic media:Microphone.pdf from Pulse engineering.
- Pulse Engineering are no longer supporting this product. [Twiki page about MEM microphones]
- These microphones contain an internal analog to digital circuit which modulates the signal using [Delta-Sigma Modulation].
- We use the Media:TP3040EVA.PDF evaluation board to capture and demodulate the signals from two microphones.
- We use the [ML507 Xilinx Development board] to capture and demodulate the signals from 8 microphones.
- Pulse engineering : Media:MEMMicsContacts.PDF
Localization of birds using an ad-hoc microphone array
- Design of microphone enclosure to improve sensitivity and directionality: MicrophoneEnclosures
Mem Microphone Work Diary
- Patrick & Sameh LabDiary
- Evan's MEM LabDiary
- Evan's Long Cable MEM Work
- Sensitivity Testing Work - Collaborative work with Raymond de Callafon's lab in MAE to test the MEMs mic sensitivity.
ZIP Project Files
Please put these files into SVN
- Hardware project : http://seed.ucsd.edu/~sittarpa/ML507_PCIe_MEM_Project.zip (with the .bit file)
- Software project : http://seed.ucsd.edu/~sittarpa/ML507_xc5vfx70t_driver.zip
- Matlab Files : http://seed.ucsd.edu/~sittarpa/MEM_Matlab.zip
Microphone TC100E Pins Connexions
- [How to Crimp Connectors - http://www.gorobotics.net/articles/miscellaneous/how-to-crimp-connectors]
- In order to check up PLBv46 Endpoint Bridge we use a personal computer (Dell GX620) as root complex.
- Dell GX620 has a x1 connector for PCIe slot 4
- The power up sequence of the PC affects the PCIe scan. In order for BIOS to recognize the drivers and PCIe BARs at power up, the FPGA bit file should be loaded prior to PC power up.
- To perform this task, we loaded the bit file and then reboot the computer
- Go into the BIOS, and check if you detect the PCIe connection as in this image below :
IP Core Delta Sigma
- Delta Sigma DAC IP Core (included with EDK)
- Delta Sigma ADC IP Core (included with EDK)
- Delta Sigma DAC Verilog Source
Sigma-Delta Modulation and Demodulation Reference
List of items needed
|Plastic housing 32 positions||Mouser Electronics||1-104482-4||6||http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?N=3408075+4294963885+4294635087&Keyword=1-104482-4&FS=True||$6|
|Crimping tool (for connecting pin to wire)+ cutter||Mouser Electronics||382-0213||1||http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=EIgIgHbwPd0APErshkWHow%3d%3d||$18.48|
|Wire Stripper (16-26 AWG)||Mouser Electronics||JIC-1626||1||http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=wire+stripper&Ns=Pricing%7c0&FS=True||$9.10|