Office: 4223 EBU3 (CSE Building)
UCSD Department of Computer Science and Engineering
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0404 La Jolla, CA 92093-0404
I'm a PhD candidate in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at UCSD, working with Professor Yoav Freund. I was born and raised in Thailand. I first came to the US in 2002 and earned my B.S. in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University in 2007. My main research area is machine learning. I'm also interested in many other fields such as information theory, computational learning theory, game theory, computer vision, human-computer interaction and digital signal processing.
- S. Cheamanunkul, Y. Freund. Improved k-NN Rule For Small Training Sets. To appear in the Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), 2014.
- S. Cheamanunkul, Y. Freund, Co-adaptation in a Handwriting Recognition System. Preprint arXiv:1409.2897.
- S. Cheamanunkul, E. Ettinger, Y. Freund. Non-convex Boosting Overcomes Random Label Noise. Preprint arXiv:1409.2905.
- J. Cho, B. Benson, S. Cheamanunkul, R. Kastner, Increased Performace of FPGA-Based Color Classification System. FCCM '10: Proceedings of the 2010 18th IEEE Annual International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines. May 2010.
- S. Cheamanunkul, E. Ettinger, M. Jacobsen, P. Lai, and Y. Freund. Detecting, tracking and interacting with people in a public space. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces and The 6th Workshop on Machine Learning for Multimodal Interaction (ICMI-MLMI 2009). Cambridge, MA. November 2009.
- The Automatic Cameraman
- Culture Analysis Tools