Machine Perception using FPGA's / Fall 2009
Class will meet TuTh from 11am to 12:20pm in Center Hall Room 201.
This class has been taught twice in the past. One ongoing project that started from this class is the automatic cameraman project (TAC): Cameraman_Description
We are gradually improving the response time and the flexibility of TAC. The main tool we are using to do that is to implement our method on an FPGA. The course this time will be devoted to FPGA implementation of signal processing methods. The course will be based on projects, some for TAC, some for analyzing data (image and audio data) which resides on disk.
- CSE291Students - please add your name and email to the list.
- CSE291_Sunsern_Hayden Video object tracker
- CSE291_Evan MEM microphones and speech analysis
- CSE291_Matt_Eric Display API and gesture recognition
- CSE291_Mayank BRAM - PCIe communication and offline image analysis.
- Verilog Design Resources Includes courses, tutorials and manuals for Verilog, ISE and EDK.
- Mercurial Repository Info
- How To Use VNC
- [PetaLinux] The linux version that runs on the Micro-Blaze. Patrick Lai managed to install and run petalinux on the microblaze, his diary notes are here: http://seed.ucsd.edu/twiki/bin/view/FPGAWeb/PatrickLaiDiary
- There is now an evaluation board based on the virtex-6, the next generation Xilinx FPGA: [ML605]
- How to work with PCIe
- What are FPGAs and what are they good for?
- Verilog: Verilog_Design_Resources
- You can download a free development system for verilog and FPGAs here: http://www.xilinx.com/tools/webpack.htm
- Jumping into the cold water: some verilog coding examples:
- VGAEncoding - Information, including Verilog code, for encoding VGA to control a CRT.
- Media:VgaCode.gz - a tar ball (open using tar xzvf) containing all of the verilog files from chapter 13 of the book FPGA Prototyping by verilog Examples
- Media:User_logic.v.gz - gzipped verilog file with the code for capturing data from a MEM microphone into the BRAM, from where it is later read through the PCIe into the memory of the main processor.
- Linear Systems, Linear Filters, Linear Control
- Linear Systems
- Linear Filters
- Linear Control
- Transfer function
- Signal to Noise Ratio